Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Question of Predb

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Question of Predb

Post by ElevationOP8 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 am

Here's another 'dumb' question to throw into the discussion section because... why have only decent, highbrow answering, high quality, professional, sort of topics that encourage in depth discussions on a forum?

Anyway actually... I'm not sure if this is something that has already been addressed in a forum topic already in here, but it seems like a simple question which has only been discussed here and there.

Question: What specific Predb do you mostly use?

Bonus question: What is the longest standing, or mostly respected site for Predb indexing?

For somereason I am interested in what everyone has to say about it, and what sites are mentioned. I have predb.ovh at the top of the search. I consider srrdb.com to be more of a checker rather than anything else however they do well with 0day. Perhaps there are some old ones that have been forgotten about but are still somewhere recieving 2 views a week.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Re: Question of Predb

Post by Hunter » Sun May 15, 2022 8:04 am

ElevationOP8 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 am
Here's another 'dumb' question to throw into the discussion section because... why have only decent, highbrow answering, high quality, professional, sort of topics that encourage in depth discussions on a forum?

Anyway actually... I'm not sure if this is something that has already been addressed in a forum topic already in here, but it seems like a simple question which has only been discussed here and there.
I see that there aren't too many people willing to reply, so I'll write something from myself...
ElevationOP8 wrote:
Question: What specific Predb do you mostly use?
It depends what I want to check. Any live updated predb is enough to check 0day. However, for everyday use I prefers predb.ovh, predb.me and predb.de. Also pre.corrupt-net.org it's good, but it doesn't work properly for me. Of course, we can also find a lot of information on srrdb.com.

But if I want to check the dir structure of some old rels, then eg. mp3shitter.com and m2v.ru can be useful. On the other hand, for the oldest rels the only public db is mp3scene.info. Besides, there are a few other predbs, the most common ones that differ in appearance, depending on who likes what.
ElevationOP8 wrote:
Bonus question: What is the longest standing, or mostly respected site for Predb indexing?

For somereason I am interested in what everyone has to say about it, and what sites are mentioned. I have predb.ovh at the top of the search. I consider srrdb.com to be more of a checker rather than anything else however they do well with 0day. Perhaps there are some old ones that have been forgotten about but are still somewhere recieving 2 views a week.
There is no such thing. The oldest active one is probably predb.me, but still has many missing records. IRC prebots are for sure the best, but they're not public. In recent years there have been some other predbs that don't work anymore, such as dupecheck project, orlydb or perhaps the best public predb ever - layer13. I've never heard of any greater or less respect for any site, and if I have to highlight anyone, then for sure mp3scene.info crew should have it a lot for their archeological work.

But, unfortunately, there is nothing else in the public net, no "hidden gems", apart from those that have been known for years, or new ones that are just being created and we don't know yet how fast they will disappear. I hope that one day an official, public scene predb will be created, using all public and non-public resources, which will be a benchmark for all collectors and people supporting the scene...
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:50 pm

Hunter wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:04 am
It depends what I want to check. Any live updated predb is enough to check 0day. However, for everyday use I prefers predb.ovh, predb.me and predb.de. Also pre.corrupt-net.org it's good, but it doesn't work properly for me. Of course, we can also find a lot of information on srrdb.com.

But if I want to check the dir structure of some old rels, then eg. mp3shitter.com and m2v.ru can be useful. On the other hand, for the oldest rels the only public db is mp3scene.info. Besides, there are a few other predbs, the most common ones that differ in appearance, depending on who likes what.
Yes, that's why I haven't really been that bothered, and it's not as though I make it a crazy focus of mine, since as with many people here would be I assume, not new to releases and titles put out to date.

As I see from a search of "predb" - predb.ovh is the first result. That works well, and if I wanted to check for names, titles, wording - this one does those things just the way any could want.
It allows what appears a tagging system to index by group, or by catagory; but since this is so diverse, and does index all releases that are valid (aswell as ones nuked as I seen there too), however doesn't seem to afford much other that those options.

Another thing which should be mentioned is that one of the major reasons for this topic's discussion was to see not only why any one of them might be the most popular, but also which one by fact has been the oldest exposed to everyone's eyes on the job. People would remember which one was there the longest and the one which has maintained a level of authenticity through out, because they would simply say so.

I must say, there are a few new urls to me I have come across also, which has me questioning. I guess many were started by private interests perhaps with a particular purpose, thereby some have not garnered as much popular use as others seem to have. There are expanding categories being added, and when the scenerules changed after 2009, the rise of video types, Blueray, HD, and pc games/software, all that stuff, also opened up more indexing pages.
predb.de is another highly ranked one (going off of search engine), it offers a more modern interactive look, and nfo downloads, however I think that it only copies over the unicode and such downloads adds to a blank nfo that it generates. This is the only way to see what a release is meant to have in it, but doesn't support title and size checks - as is seen on others like srrdb.

I've also seen predb.eu focusing only on music related releases, with other mentions of other notable sites, but this one isn't as up-to-date as it could be and doesn't go beyond title.

m2v.ru is one of the older ones that I've stuck too, gives me all I need for the most part too.

Hunter wrote:
There is no such thing. The oldest active one is probably predb.me, but still has many missing records. IRC prebots are for sure the best, but they're not public. In recent years there have been some other predbs that don't work anymore, such as dupecheck project, orlydb or perhaps the best public predb ever - layer13. I've never heard of any greater or less respect for any site, and if I have to highlight anyone, then for sure mp3scene.info crew should have it a lot for their archeological work.
What you're saying here is, indexing has been a thing which started when releases started, but have been finding newer searching platforms to go by when accessing such records - like a different web search engine is not a new search engine because it has a different name or face to it?

So I guess it really doesn't matter after all because it's either there or it's not. "I could've told you that before the topic was made..." < says the guy who opened this page but didn't comment
Hunter wrote:
But, unfortunately, there is nothing else in the public net, no "hidden gems", apart from those that have been known for years, or new ones that are just being created and we don't know yet how fast they will disappear. I hope that one day an official, public scene predb will be created, using all public and non-public resources, which will be a benchmark for all collectors and people supporting the scene...
This will be what the poster intended by way of seeking responses, however since there isn't one that fits this purpose, and too much between public and private, as diverse as the internet it, no one is complete and more than likely no one ever will because there are too many factors which inhibit such design.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:15 am

Noticed this topic: viewtopic.php?t=1949755 - is pretty much the same in nature as this one is.

Maybe a list should be made of all public predbs and private can be added too? Can see this being useful to some and for the forum as a means to check releases, show those who ask in chat and on forums because there has been a few who have started discussions on whether releases are real, and to provide as much info on the sourcing and discoverability of as many releases or the validity of them, as can be made? :oops:

Users ask most often here about: *whether this music has a scene release (required by rules) to request? and *how can it be checked or whether it is actual or proper before it can be requested so they don't get warnings?

They could be listed aswell in terms of their uses... like srrdb can allow for file validations, and fixups
others list the official status of releases.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__