Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

POLL: Registrations - Open or Closed?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)

Future Board Registrations?

Open Permanently
21%
Open Temporarily
21%
Closed Permanently
33%
Closed Temporarily
25%

Total votes: 52

euphoricvocals
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

POLL: Registrations - Open or Closed?

Post by euphoricvocals » Tue May 23, 2023 4:34 pm

It's been awhile and the board has seen a healthy ongoing engagement as well as finding some incredible membership. We want to keep it that way long-term.

I'm considering to take the board private and close registrations for some time. The poll will not be the decision tool, however will help us in deciding.

T-Dizzle
100 Posts
100 Posts
Bahamas

Re: POLL: Registrations - Open or Closed?

Post by T-Dizzle » Tue May 23, 2023 6:06 pm

keep it closed on invitation only...

aGGyunit
VIP
VIP
United States of America

Post by aGGyunit » Wed May 24, 2023 7:56 am

Interesting to see the current poll results from people who all got in the easy way ;)

I'm not opposed to a private forum, but I do think that cuts off the supply of fresh members dramatically.
I'm sure everyone has that one place that's invite only that they have been trying to get in for ages, but nobody ever has an invite, right?
Gatekeeping is a bad idea in my opinion.
A board doesn't just need fillers ... once requesting slows down a board can rapidly become stale and lose appeal to regulars.
It's all downhill from there.
I think having it open allows new members to join whenever they find this place ... can always close the board if spammers hit it hard.

Questions for the admin:
What is the reason behind closing the board sometimes?
Do you think there's too many members?
How in depth do you compare new members with existing ones?
Is there any checks on duplicate accounts?

If you want it to be more private ... disable the spiders from indexing the board and DISABLE guests to see anything!
Don't forget you have competition from scnlog's new forum, with open registration and very chill rules ...

My 2 cents ... :)

ozziguy
100 Posts
100 Posts
Australia

Post by ozziguy » Wed May 24, 2023 8:11 am

The only ones needing to be locked out are spiders, dupe accounts, and troublemakers. That's what moderators are for :ugeek:

No different than going to a club

P4INKILL3R
20 Posts
20 Posts
Germany

Post by P4INKILL3R » Wed May 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Im definately not in favor of completely locking this forum down without any entry bc those places are always slowly dying out from the moment they close down, hence I gave my thumbs up for the invite only comment which at least can work if doing it right. (maybe also give an incentive for reups by introducing a currency/points system you get for fullfillments and for reups or otherwise contributing to the forum, which you can use for exchanging invites?)
I also dont like it being completely open, bc thats just asking for problems in its own ways in the long run as well.
manually open it up every once in a while like it was now seems to have worked out fine.
I got in myself this way bc a friend sent me here once registration was open.
scnlog is new hence they are open and have chill rules, i already see some people abusing it over there a bit in terms of requests and also with a few people who seem to have more accounts.
Also atm it is the new shiny thing everyone is checking out, lets wait and see how it works out over there with those very chill rules without any enforcement.
At the end im relatively new in both places, so dont give my words much weight^^

cheers

bahtiglupaka
VIP
VIP
France

Post by bahtiglupaka » Wed May 24, 2023 5:19 pm

I voted to close permanently! I will explain! The situation here is not like before! There are two proven trolls! Who knows how many more there are? It's the only way these two people don't make new profiles! This place needs to be cleared! I will also mention a vpn ban! Regarding the scnlog forum, there is no basis for comparison with this one! The forum of scnlog.me is a paradise for leeches and people with few opportunities occupied by two psychopaths!

siktiringidin
500 Posts
500 Posts
Korea North

Post by siktiringidin » Wed May 24, 2023 6:51 pm

I think there might be application form those who want to join. Like how would they contribute or have any knowledge about SCENE in general.
OPEN REQUESTS

Condor
100 Posts
100 Posts
Switzerland

Post by Condor » Thu May 25, 2023 12:12 pm

I would open the gates once a while. Many other Scene/Warez related sites do the same thing. Best solution in my opinion.

My vote: Keep the board CLOSED and open it some times!

hunesco
500 Posts
500 Posts
Brazil

Post by hunesco » Fri May 26, 2023 12:24 pm

It's not an easy decision, but I would vote for registration to remain open. I'm not a collector of releases, but I like to contribute with some that I find on other sites, if the registers weren't open in my time I wouldn't be able to upload them.

euphoricvocals
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by euphoricvocals » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:07 pm

I've opened registrations for a brief time.