Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Filehost discussion

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
aGGyunit
VIP
VIP
United States of America

Filehost discussion

Post by aGGyunit » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 am

Hey, I wanted to the discuss the current state of filehosts commonly used and have a think about the future.

As some of you may be aware, ZippyShare is shutting down at the end of this month.
Tusfiles already disabled uploads and will delete all files at the end of this year.
Solidfiles is pretty much dead these days, they are always "having a bad day".
Imagenetz has had a few hours of downtime lately and they have posted about needing funds. Their claimed 500 day retention is also bullshit.

Now onto Krakenfiles, nearly everyone's favorite host. But there's a catch.
Plenty of people are having low speeds from this server recently.
Why? Last year Krakenfiles released their PREMIUM accounts and with that came some new restrictions.
No big deal for free or anonymous users at first, but it appears krakenfiles is slowly enforcing some of these "limits".
Files are often deleted faster, but the biggest change is capped bandwidth resulting in very slow downloads.
It's a hit and miss, some files are fast, some are super slow.
I avoid using Krakenfiles completely in my uploads.

Now what did I want to discuss?
Other hosts, to bring variety to the forum.

Imagenetz is a decent host, but the recent down-times makes me wonder how long this one will last. Files are also deleted fast (30 days or so). 2.2GB filesize limit.
Pixeldrain: 20GB / week download limit, then the speed is much lower. Files last around 60 days for free uploaders (more if uploader has premium). 20GB filesize limit.
Upload.ee: 200MB filesize limit, files deleted after 50 days (anon users), 120 for registered users (since last download).
Hostuje.net: 250MB filezsize limit, files can be disabled after 90 days with no downloads, but you can enable them again from your account.
Mirrorace : plenty of hosts to pick from, quality depends on selected hosts. Files don't seem to last more than 30 days in general. Ads and captchas.
Catbox.moe : 200MB file limit, speed seems ok. Unknown file expiry time.
Send.cm : usually very slow for me, my account needs a password reset every day as the login keeps breaking.

Happy to discuss others ... looking for more solutions to a shrinking list of quality hosts.

ozziguy
100 Posts
100 Posts
Australia

Re: Filehost discussion

Post by ozziguy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:15 am

Lately i have been mostly absent due to life duties, but i had previously noticed the downturn in quality (both upspeed and downspeed) and started not bothering. We have seen this happen before where all the hosters go through some legal shitstorm, so maybe something is being done about it beforehand. As of now i don't have any other hosts to consider or suggest

DreamWorld
100 Posts
100 Posts
Germany

Post by DreamWorld » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:00 pm

Hostuje.net: my files last over a year even without downloading. for small files like music i can highly recommend this hoster.

thedeeplemon
New User
New User
St Lucia

Post by thedeeplemon » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:27 pm

Bunkr.la Files stay forever, but inactive files will get deleted 30 days after the last visit, maximum upload size per file is 5 GB, speed can vary
GoFile.io After Files get inactive, 10 Days, no upload limit, good speed overall

aGGyunit
VIP
VIP
United States of America

Post by aGGyunit » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:44 am

Ulozto.net just introduced "Uloz.to Disk".

Ulozto is no longer UNLIMITED for free.
Yes, paid subscription has arrived. Another one that goes premium.

"Ulož.to Disk FREE plan has been activated on your account:
- You get 50 GB of guaranteed storage** for your data
- You won't lose your files over 50 GB, they remain in no-guarantee mode and you can store more for free
- Download of your own files is free and with unlimited speed
- The files you share are also downloaded with unlimited speed
- You can continue to use the credit you already have in the form of a Data Package
- Data package can be purchased as extension to any available plan."

** Free users: only 50GB of space is guaranteed and files over that limit may be deleted at some point in the future. But if you get one of the paid plans of Ulož.to Disk you get guaranteed volumes of several terabytes (TB) or more.

Ulozto was a pretty good long term storage solution. Some of my files are years old and still available, I have about 650 GB online.
Now only 50GB is guaranteed storage (like Krakenfiles safety storage) = won't be deleted.
The rest can be deleted when they feel the need to make space.
There are a lot of old releases on Ulozto .. that will now slowly vanish as they are deleted.
Another one changing for the worse :(

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by radiofan » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:15 pm

Apart from the time that you need to wait between downloads, I've used 1fichier recently and they were good. It's been years now, but dl.free.fr were also good too... anyone know what happened to them or whether they're still operational in some form?

hunesco
500 Posts
500 Posts
Brazil

Post by hunesco » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:56 pm

1fichier.com for me.
cheap premium, large storage.

aGGyunit
VIP
VIP
United States of America

Post by aGGyunit » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:10 am

1fichier is only useful if you have a premium account, because waiting between downloads SUCKS.
All my 1fichier links do not require waiting as they use my CDN credits from my Premium account.

So unless the uploader has a 1fichier premium account, I don't see it as a good host for regular users.

kassyopeia
100 Posts
100 Posts
Malta

Post by kassyopeia » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:07 pm

[External Link Removed for Guests] might be worth mentioning.

- Speeds range from slow to mediocre for me, but with a filesize limit of 300 MB and no hurdles to jump over and parallel downloading allowed, this doesn't end up being that much of an issue.

- Stuff stays up for years. No clue whether this is because there is no expiry in the first place, or because, in contrast with the vast majority of hosts, their inventory is searchable, and the resultant "foot traffic" provides sufficient download activity across the board that even though expiry might happen in principle, it rarely does happen in practice.

- Forum search tells me it got quite a bit of use here early on, but barely any since then. *shrug*

ETA: Apologies, saying "no clue" was me being lazier than necessary. Here's a handful of test cases, harvested from the last two pages of our search results:

[External Link Removed for Guests]

All uploaded in late 2019, all still up. Most recent download ranges from less than a year after upload to a couple of months ago. Which would seem to support the "no expiry in the first place" hypothesis, even while showing some of that "foot traffic" effect at the same time. :)

the_argentinian
500 Posts
500 Posts
Argentina

Post by the_argentinian » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:40 pm

Imagenetz download speed is a joke! 10 kb/sec on IDM right now.