Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Live Sets and Mixes

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Re: Live Sets and Mixes

Post by radiofan » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am

So - for what it's worth, here are my thoughts:

1. I think that logically, the idea of having separate sections for FLAC/MP3 makes perfect sense; for example, you may have members who have access to a FLAC archive, but have access to fewer MP3 releases. You could of course use the argument that fillers could simply search for the word "FLAC" when browsing through the requests forum - but having a dedicated section for FLAC requests (and fills) would certainly be good I think

2. Personally, I don't feel that having separate sections for audiobooks or livesets would be overly useful; my thinking for this is that despite the fact that current scene rules require that the word "Audiobook" needs to be added as a suffix to all audiobook releases, these are still ultimately encoded using either FLAC or MP3 codecs. In my opinion, having a separate section for audiobooks, for example, slightly strays into the territory of having separate forums for each genre/release type. At present, whilst scene rules dictate that audiobooks have to have a suffix appended to the end of their release names, this isn't true for livesets - which only have to have a suffix applied to show the source of the rip (CABLE/DAB/SAT, etc.). Additionally, as you may have guessed from my words above, I'm personally not a huge fan of having separate forums for each genre - separating things that way adds complexity, and potential confusion as to which forum a request should be made in. For example - if we had separate forums for Hip-Hop/R & B and an album contained tracks covering both genres, how would the requester choose which forum to post their request in? The answer may very well be that the request needs to be posted to the genre-specific forum based on the genre dictated by the NFO/audio tags - but either way, my feeling is that this makes things more difficult for everyone, whilst also making it more difficult to track how many requests people have posted. So - in summary, my opinion is that:

1. We create several new forums - as per the below example:

*AUDIO REQUESTS - FLAC*

FiLLED - FLAC

FiLLED - MUSIC VIDEOS

Archived Requests - FLAC

Archived Requests - Music Videos

2. We rename some of the existing forums - as per the below example:

*AUDIO REQUESTS* - becomes "*AUDIO REQUESTS* - MP3"

FiLLED - becomes "FiLLED - MP3"

Archived Requests - becomes "Archived Requests - MP3"

3. We then perform some tidy-up - moving existing topics to their new location, based on the request type

4. Going forwards, we allow a maximum of five open requests at a single time within each forum, so in theory allowing a member to have 15 open requests (five FLAC releases, five MP3, and five music videos). I've deliberately not mentioned the five requests per 24 hours rule as part of the above; I appreciate that this is being discussed separately

I also appreciate that I've mentioned this before, but if this is the approach that we decide to use it may also be an idea to create a separate "FiLLED - SFV/NFO/M3U" forum so that filled requests can be moved here.

I'd welcome any feedback on the below - my feeling is that organising forums based on codec, rather than media type would make things easier for everyone - but I'd genuinely be happy to be proven otherwise.

Thanks.

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:34 pm

T87.Rave wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:39 pm
unfortunately there is no section for livestes and mixes,
but you can post REQs in *AUDIO REQUESTS* section for live sets.
Yep, it seems livesets (provided they are scene) can be no different to a singles release, as the master forum is titled "audio" - and livesets are audio and related to scene.

However personally, it can be annoying when they are flooded with livesets as it gives an unattractive look, making it harder to see the titles of singles, CD and Vinyl requests and livesets vary very little. A section is the best idea, but again, the forum will deviate from how it has, and currently runs.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:59 pm

radiofan wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am
So - for what it's worth, here are my thoughts:

1. I think that logically, the idea of having separate sections for FLAC/MP3 makes perfect sense; for example, you may have members who have access to a FLAC archive, but have access to fewer MP3 releases. You could of course use the argument that fillers could simply search for the word "FLAC" when browsing through the requests forum - but having a dedicated section for FLAC requests (and fills) would certainly be good I think

So - in summary, my opinion is that:

1. We create several new forums - as per the below example:

*AUDIO REQUESTS - FLAC*

FiLLED - FLAC

FiLLED - MUSIC VIDEOS

Archived Requests - FLAC

Archived Requests - Music Videos

2. We rename some of the existing forums - as per the below example:

*AUDIO REQUESTS* - becomes "*AUDIO REQUESTS* - MP3"

FiLLED - becomes "FiLLED - MP3"

Archived Requests - becomes "Archived Requests - MP3"

3. We then perform some tidy-up - moving existing topics to their new location, based on the request type

4. Going forwards, we allow a maximum of five open requests at a single time within each forum, so in theory allowing a member to have 15 open requests (five FLAC releases, five MP3, and five music videos). I've deliberately not mentioned the five requests per 24 hours rule as part of the above; I appreciate that this is being discussed separately

I also appreciate that I've mentioned this before, but if this is the approach that we decide to use it may also be an idea to create a separate "FiLLED - SFV/NFO/M3U" forum so that filled requests can be moved here.

I'd welcome any feedback on the below - my feeling is that organising forums based on codec, rather than media type would make things easier for everyone - but I'd genuinely be happy to be proven otherwise.

Thanks.
I'm really thinking that the minamilist approach is the best here. Not to say there should be one forum and a mundane flow of like styled requests...
What I think would be best for the users, with the admin and mods in mind, is not having to be concerned with more topics to have to manage. You could do it with those extra, however the more sections - the more mods - and the more is placed on the admin in turn.
The key, as can be put before agreement, is to allow the section to get used well, and not see - as has been discussed - a splintering away of popular and not so popular component sections.

Most scene of the older releases, is only Mp3, and FLAC was established towards the 2010's. So the difference between FLAC and Mp3 is going to be the difference between the year of release made, with the exception of new releases of older productions. I can't see why this is a hassle where they, for the sake of making it easier, are set aside in their own section. Remember there are 5 requests at a time, so provided there is a search feature to use, most of the work can be done by the user who is after a request in detail, aswell as using alert notifications in PM. A case for an advanced search or updated search feature perhaps?

It might not flow like the most busiest forum around, but it has been working reasonably well for what it's worth for about 3 years now, I think well enough it seems to where everyone is content enough, users are joining, content is being added, and most are left satisfied by the experience.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__