Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

[Closed] Poll: Time limit of the request post to move into archive requests

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)

the time limit of the request post

30 days
47%
60 days
11%
90 days (as it's now)
42%

Total votes: 19

T87.Rave
VIP
VIP

[Closed] Poll: Time limit of the request post to move into archive requests

Post by T87.Rave » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:25 pm

this topic is for the time limit of the request post,

for now any request that has not been filled in over 3 months (90 days) are move into Archived Requests.

the question is how many days you guys want to move the requests that not FiLLED in these days 30, 60, or 90 ?
MaKe SuRe YoU PlAy It LoUd

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Re: Poll: Time limit of the request post to move into archive requests

Post by xNxRxGx » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm

i think 30 is too little

90 is fine, but maybe 60 would make the forum flow even better...

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 am

I strongly recommends 30-day period. Let me explain why...

First, remember that anyone can only have 5 REQs active at a time. It's not a lot and if you ask for a more difficult-to-find rels, you automatically lock up after 5 such REQs for the next 3 months.

Secondly, 95% of rels available for now (i.e. those that can be found on srrdb), with current user activity, are filled in less than a week, so a month seems to be even too much time.

Thirdly, very important is that all topics moved after this time to Archive aren't closed, but remain open and still wait to be filled over time. And thus users faster gains another limit to use. Therefore, now all topics that don't comply with the rules (including nonscene) will be removed from the forum, so that they don't get confused with the topics in Archive.

In general, it seems that shortening this time should benefit all users and loosen the rules a bit, so I support the maximum reduction of time :)
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:35 pm

i get your point... so yea maybe 30 would be best for more fluid traffic on the site

and if your req is caught in archive limbo for too long you can always delete it and make new one ig

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:46 am

xNxRxGx wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm
i think 30 is too little

90 is fine, but maybe 60 would make the forum flow even better...
Hunter wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 am
I strongly recommends 30-day period. Let me explain why...
xNxRxGx wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:35 pm
i get your point... so yea maybe 30 would be best for more fluid traffic on the site

and if your req is caught in archive limbo for too long you can always delete it and make new one ig
Thinking about it at first, I would have opted for something like 60, or even 90, simply because of the consideration for allowing the post to run a certain time for it to be "archived" in a side forum -- archiving sounds too much like a thing that happens when it's passed on, expired, unpopular or too hard to be responded to and therefore placing a mild yet extended period would make sense on that.

However, as has been mentioned on previous posts, and especially since there is more activity on the forum being given to it now than it seemed to me much earlier on, a request which has not been responded to -- even in say 20 days -- is easily going to be neglected, as the requests are only going to keep coming through and burying old requests down where they will get unnoticed. Since the rules make it that a poster shouldn't 'bump' a topic, the poster will become restricted if when they cannot find a respondent for their request.

Having that dedicated side forum for these specific requests can open up a relief to the active part of the request forum, while at the same time keeping some attention on older unresponded requests, so that those dedicated to filling them can easily jump across to this forum to include as much of those requests as they can aswell.

The only concern is perhaps, how the 'Archive Requests' forum will operate in conjunction with the rest of the forum and the 5 Req per time, i.e. whether or not once requests go into this forum, and to prevent what @Hunter said:
Hunter wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 am
you automatically lock up after 5 such REQs for the next 3 months.
Should there be some sort of way in which they don't count as one of the 5 or do they still? There are some hard requests that are made and I would like to think that this should be made in regards to those who are trying their best to fill them.
In the same way, there are also easy to fill requests which will slide on along to the filled section, and so maybe balancing out this could be put up for consideration?
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:41 am

Could this, by curiosity, happen to create a need down the track for having a longer archive than the 'time lapse archive'? Or a special archive forum in addition, for requests which are unique or difficult to find/fill/whatever? You know having them in archive fixes the problem of a forum too crowded with requests and no appetite to fill anything, however the archive section as a result of changing the importance on the requests from 90 days might see less activity in other sides of the requests - archived reqs are still requests, they just have been taken from the active part and sort of sidelined. So how will there be focus kept on this other forum so that that section doesn't become the grave yard?

Maybe tags could come into use differently or aswell?

Probably I'm just thinking too much on this without looking objectively at the requests themselves overall or ambitiously missing the actual problem that is trying to be averted.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__