Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

What's the best way to see if a scene release actually exists?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

What's the best way to see if a scene release actually exists?

Post by radiofan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:13 pm

Hi everyone. :)

So - in the past, I've been notified that several of the scene releases that I'm looking for don't actually exist (even though they're listed on PreDB.me) - and as a result can't be found. When asking for a release, is there any easy way to determine whether it actually exists - presumably, just because something may be found on PreDB.me that doesn't mean to say that there are any files to go along with the actual release name?

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Re: What's the best way to see if a scene release actually exists?

Post by Hunter » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:46 pm

The simplest - what you find on srrdb.com should potentially be available somewhere. But rels that aren't there are currently rather unavailable and it's a pity to waste REQ on them.
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:12 pm

does anyone know scene release name for this: [External Link Removed for Guests] ?

since its just "the unknown" its very hard to find on srrdb lol
i tried with year 2000 included, or even only "unknown bmi" (in case it was in (artist) format) as group but no luck

T87.Rave
VIP
VIP

Post by T87.Rave » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:29 am

xNxRxGx wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:12 pm
does anyone know scene release name for this: [External Link Removed for Guests] ?

i tried with year 2000 included, or even only "unknown bmi" (in case it was in (artist) format) as group but no luck
maybe you are looking for this one > > >

Nagom_Records-Unknown_Title-Vinyl-2001-PULSE

[External Link Removed for Guests]
MaKe SuRe YoU PlAy It LoUd

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:22 am

T87.Rave wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:29 am
xNxRxGx wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:12 pm

maybe you are looking for this one > > >

Nagom_Records-Unknown_Title-Vinyl-2001-PULSE

[External Link Removed for Guests]
thats looks like it yes! tnx :) even nagoom is misspelled :lol: as if it wasnt hard enough to find the name already

ill add it to my "2get" list now (i dont think i already have it but been wrong before) :lol:

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by radiofan » Fri May 06, 2022 2:58 pm

Thank you very much everyone - I wasn't aware of SRRDB, will use that as a reference point going forwards.

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:53 pm

Many posts on forums over the years make collection dumps or whatever, and common searches fetch their lists, so I guess by that alone, can tell you if there is one or not.
What about harder to find, not popular, internals, private listings?
The searches limit down, pretty much to the predbs and the classic srrdb which is excellent as it allows to repair and finish off a large quantity of continously added to record.

It's accurate enough because it is user verified, and if a different (more than one) file is presented, it gets listed as 'unconfirmed'

Otherwise wish upon a star one night...
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by radiofan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:44 pm

So what I've been trying to understand is why PreDB.me has so many older releases that (literally) don't seem to exist anywhere. I can provide some examples, but these are releases that PreDB.me has information for (e.g. file sizes)... unless they did exist at some point, but they're literally impossible to find!

As you say, though - srrDB is amazing, I'm now using this as my primary reference going forwards.

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 am

radiofan wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:44 pm
So what I've been trying to understand is why PreDB.me has so many older releases that (literally) don't seem to exist anywhere. I can provide some examples, but these are releases that PreDB.me has information for (e.g. file sizes)... unless they did exist at some point, but they're literally impossible to find!

As you say, though - srrDB is amazing, I'm now using this as my primary reference going forwards.
There are many paths from scene sites to the public. Sometimes releases simply never took these paths and never ended up in archives either. There are so many variables that determine how this is going to happen. Sites can have rules about only accepting specific sources, i.e. banning radio rips or foreign language rips. That would make it harder for some of those rips to reach the public or even private archives sometimes. If these releases weren't disseminated to the public somehow, i.e. genre specific xdcc channels that existed to distribute scene releases, there are less chances for people who care about these kinds of things to get them and archive them in the first place.

Since you're new to srrdb it's important to learn what the srr files actually are and what they are used for. If you have renamed/retagged releases the srr file has all the metadata needed to change the file back into the original release. This is how many old releases are found besides being in archives. Sometimes people here find releases that aren't on srrdb and are missing the original sfv so it's not possible to verify the release is okay and even submit it to srrdb.

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:23 am

Talim_ wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 am
There are many paths from scene sites to the public. Sometimes releases simply never took these paths and never ended up in archives either. There are so many variables that determine how this is going to happen. Sites can have rules about only accepting specific sources, i.e. banning radio rips or foreign language rips. That would make it harder for some of those rips to reach the public or even private archives sometimes. If these releases weren't disseminated to the public somehow, i.e. genre specific xdcc channels that existed to distribute scene releases, there are less chances for people who care about these kinds of things to get them and archive them in the first place.

Since you're new to srrdb it's important to learn what the srr files actually are and what they are used for. If you have renamed/retagged releases the srr file has all the metadata needed to change the file back into the original release. This is how many old releases are found besides being in archives. Sometimes people here find releases that aren't on srrdb and are missing the original sfv so it's not possible to verify the release is okay and even submit it to srrdb.
That's the unique thing being done here as many questions are made about this, and as I was speculating in another topic, sites which list all have different results for different releases varying as you say on the type of release, or simply because of the release being harder to find or was not included for what ever reason that might be specific to the make up of that site or who was behind it, what purpose it was intended for. There's a lot more of these going around or that are known of these days.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__