Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

List of Non-Scene Groups (Last UPDATE: 2023-01-11)

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Re: List of Non-Scene Groups

Post by Hunter » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:31 pm

Talim_ wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:13 pm
They definitely weren't scene at first. They had their public channel on EFNet with public FTPs. How exactly they operated when it changed from EOS to EOSiNT is a little bit confusing. Maybe I misunderstood what he meant and they only put iNT on their releases to avoid them being treated as actual scene releases. If you look at the ripped dates in the nfos they don't always match the dates in pre dbs. Sometimes this just meant a group left releases sitting in their pre dir but in this case I don't think it's that. The newest nfos still list the public channel too. So I'm leaning more towards me being wrong :lol:
Yeah, I also knew that and had some doubts too, but I didn't have any specific information about it, so I didn't say anything... In that case, let the boss decide whether we unban the entire EOSiNT or whether it stays as it is :)
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:26 am

gB (grimbliss) appears to be another IRC group

Examples:
[External Link Removed for Guests]

A tip for anyone trying to decide if these groups are scene or not. When you look for one of these groups releases in pre dbs and see that they almost always have dates that are long after the date of the rip specified in the nfo it's probably not scene. This can happen with legitimate releases too due to crap quality dbs but it will mainly be very old ones or where there are gaps in the db, not every single release by a group!

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:27 pm

Talim_ wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:26 am
gB (grimbliss) appears to be another IRC group

Examples:
So far I haven't known this group any closer, but it looks like you're probably right. So another one comes to the list ;)
Talim_ wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:26 am
A tip for anyone trying to decide if these groups are scene or not. When you look for one of these groups releases in pre dbs and see that they almost always have dates that are long after the date of the rip specified in the nfo it's probably not scene. This can happen with legitimate releases too due to crap quality dbs but it will mainly be very old ones or where there are gaps in the db, not every single release by a group!
This is exactly what I wrote here before, if anyone has any doubts. 100% right and full consent :)

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:00 am

Another one. No clues about it's actual origins but these releases are a never ending flood of dupes of real scene releases. Also they don't follow encoding standards.

A horribly tagged 256k cbr dupe of a VBR era RNS pre release. This is very obviously not scene.

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 am

Talim_ wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:00 am

Another one. No clues about it's actual origins but these releases are a never ending flood of dupes of real scene releases. Also they don't follow encoding standards.

A horribly tagged 256k cbr dupe of a VBR era RNS pre release. This is very obviously not scene.
It's true what you wrote, but I've seen stranger scene groups before :P When searching public predbs see, that most of their rels were correct pred, and they even got some nuke. Again, unfortunately, I don't know this group, cause they released music that I don't listen to at all, but in this case I'd wait for some confirmation yet. Maybe someone with access to internal prebots will be able to check that their rels were correct pred, or someone knows them better. Cause it's not about whether this group stuck to the releasing rules, but whether they were part of the scene :)

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:38 am

A lot of the releases aren't in pre dbs at all though. Many are being added much later than the dates in the nfo which is a huge red flag. It's pure garbage anyway and anybody who actually asks for it is wasting my time. I hate the mentality that if it looks like a scene release it's worth collecting. If this was scene by any conceivable measure it's an insult to all the groups that have to actually follow the rules and deal with getting nuked over much less. I never saw this garbage on any sites I was on and if anybody traded it they would surely regret losing their creds.

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:59 am

Talim_ wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:38 am
A lot of the releases aren't in pre dbs at all though. Many are being added much later than the dates in the nfo which is a huge red flag. It's pure garbage anyway and anybody who actually asks for it is wasting my time. I hate the mentality that if it looks like a scene release it's worth collecting. If this was scene by any conceivable measure it's an insult to all the groups that have to actually follow the rules and deal with getting nuked over much less. I never saw this garbage on any sites I was on and if anybody traded it they would surely regret losing their creds.
I perfectly understand your point of view. And as you wrote "if this was scene by any conceivable measure it's an insult to all the groups that have to actually follow the rules and deal with getting nuked over much less" - full consent here. Also, I don't like what they released, but as I wrote before, I've seen worse... For example, [External Link Removed for Guests], I used to give it as an example. But they're still the scene, so according to the rules of this forum it's allowed here. I'd never collect such trash, but on the other hand, I'll also not tell anyone what to collect and what not... It's always someone's own choice.

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:08 am

Those selfmade compilations I do remember seeing. I think a lot of sites specifically banned them. I'd go as far as to argue that a few siteops allowing you to spam things that aren't allowed to be traded to any reputable site doesn't make you scene but that's just my opinion :lol:

GabryJ84
100 Posts
100 Posts
Italy

Post by GabryJ84 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm

-GJ personal
-DAW personal (Dj@Work) (Digital Artists @ Work is fine)

I would keep separated from the others groups like iDF, EOS, ER, rAv, TNX and TsF which I think should be allowed since, even if P2P, have proper NFO and lots of high-quality releases that are not otherwise available. (that is particularly true for lots of Eurodance/Italodance tracks which are only available as 192k in official form).

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 pm

GabryJ84 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:34 pm

I would keep separated from the others groups like iDF, EOS, ER, rAv, TNX and TsF which I think should be allowed since, even if P2P, have proper NFO and lots of high-quality releases that are not otherwise available.
i kinda agree... but with iDF it was just an overkill and fillers had enough of it...

other groups from above are much less frequent in both pred-ing and being requested, and also EOS, ER & rAv and similar are also sometimes the only available rls of some pre2010 rlss