Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Bad CrC...

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
MiroFa
500 Posts
500 Posts
Egypt

Bad CrC...

Post by MiroFa » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:48 am

use pyReScene to fix errors in scene files using .srr extention from srrdb.com site

[External Link Removed for Guests]

DaScientific
20 Posts
20 Posts

Re: Bad CrC...

Post by DaScientific » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am

Just to add some more depth to this topic:
there is a topic where srr and rescene have been discussed more detailed: viewtopic.php?t=1890939&start=10
Specifically the post under viewtopic.php?p=1902427&hilit=srr#p1902490 paraphrases what can be achieved with rescene a release/some media and what not.

MiroFa
500 Posts
500 Posts
Egypt

Post by MiroFa » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:03 am

1 - download .srr from [External Link Removed for Guests]

2 - open pyReScene-0.7-w32 then Fix Metadata tags

3 - Choose SRR File Path - Input Path (the folder contain the error Files) - Output Dir path

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Tue May 10, 2022 3:32 pm

What is everyone's view on ReScene being used? I have seen a lot of arguments that support it saying that if it is the same data file, but the tags are wrong or missing, fixing it this way is no problem if when it produces the same checksum as the original, but then some others who say they don't like to use it or don't prefer it to mask a bad release into a 'good' one.
DaScientific wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am
there is a topic where srr and rescene have been discussed more detailed: viewtopic.php?t=1890939&start=10
Specifically the post under viewtopic.php?p=1902427&hilit=srr#p1902490 paraphrases what can be achieved with rescene a release/some media and what not.
Probably should have posted this post to those rather than here, however this discussion could be moved all the same.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Tue May 10, 2022 8:20 pm

ElevationOP8 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:32 pm
What is everyone's view on ReScene being used? I have seen a lot of arguments that support it saying that if it is the same data file, but the tags are wrong or missing, fixing it this way is no problem if when it produces the same checksum as the original, but then some others who say they don't like to use it or don't prefer it to mask a bad release into a 'good' one.
DaScientific wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am
Probably should have posted this post to those rather than here, however this discussion could be moved all the same.
i've been doing my own manual "rescene-ing" for over a decade... which basically means i was retagging the id3v1(&v2) tags one by one in WinAmp
and since ive done it way before srrdb even existed there was a lot of trial and error to get it right (if at all) :) and ofc it helped if you had at least one mp3 file in good order

but then again you have plenty SRR sfv files where they are clearly not original ones and tags are almost certainly wrong yet they still pass the crc check...those piss me off the most since they are passing them as "proper/legit" :lol:

but if file is good retagging it like that works and i have no problem with that
i actually still do it manually, i only DL .srs files 8-) and afaik rescene only basically retags it, right, it doesnt fix broken metadata etc

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:21 am

xNxRxGx wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:20 pm
i've been doing my own manual "rescene-ing" for over a decade... which basically means i was retagging the id3v1(&v2) tags one by one in WinAmp
and since ive done it way before srrdb even existed there was a lot of trial and error to get it right (if at all) :) and ofc it helped if you had at least one mp3 file in good order

Well the cat's out of the bag now :lol:
xNxRxGx wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:20 pm
but then again you have plenty SRR sfv files where they are clearly not original ones and tags are almost certainly wrong yet they still pass the crc check...those piss me off the most since they are passing them as "proper/legit" :lol:

but if file is good retagging it like that works and i have no problem with that
i actually still do it manually, i only DL .srs files 8-) and afaik rescene only basically retags it, right, it doesnt fix broken metadata etc
I have used it, and it is very useful for some releases which I had but were obviously previously tagged pretty poorly. Usually I would just replace them if it is easy to find, since if the mp3s are dodgy, often the other files with them also are fake copy/paste text. Perhaps this is an older issue which is not a problem at all now. However, finding good copies can be a problem when dealing with rare material or what not, rather than using what you already have basically, only running it through a quick reconstruct etc. The question in that though is how much of a die hard aficionado are you to persist with only unedited releases in their entirety and calling anything else fakes with conviction? Most releases found nowadays would all fit in that category, so maybe that is a bragging right or something for the og day 1ers.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 am

There seems to be a bit of confusion and outright misinformation in this thread. I think it's important to clear things up. Rescene, using srr files, only changes the metadata of files. If the mp3 data has been modified in some way, as in corruption introduced, it will refuse your file. It only works if your file is identical to the original file used to create the srs. The srr file contains the srs for each mp3 (or flac) and the nfo, sfv, m3u so the entire release dir can be recreated from it. If this is successful your release dir will be BIT IDENTICAL to the original dir used to create the srr file. I really can not believe the pseudoscientific ideas of it not being the original rls if it's rescened or anything. If some trader is telling you these things you can give them a rescened release anyway and it's impossible for them to tell. Whoever says these things has no understanding of how anything actually works.

With all that said the data on srrdb is provided by users. Sometimes this data may be bad. I have found releases with fake sfv files and other crap. This is not a srrdb unique issue though. This applies to releases you can find and collect from any source. Raped sfvs make this harder to detect since anything past 2002 you will be very lucky to find an original looking sfv. For most of this stuff we are seeing that if everything looks correct it probably is.

I also must say srrdb is an incredible resource for us collectors. More than using it to rescene files that have had their metadata modified I use it to patch in unraped sfvs from older releases, their collection of those is huge. Also when things like proof pics are missing from releases I find I can patch it in from there too. If you are paying attention it can be useful. If you are flying blind and not looking at what you're getting from there maybe you will make your collection slightly worse :lol:

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:44 pm

i guess i used wrong word lol... what i was doing is retagging back to original, which also only works when no metadata is fucked

but regardless you still need the exact size mp3 to make it work, you cant have bigger or smaller one than from pred rls, i take it rescene cant add or remove bytes :)

Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Post by Talim_ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:54 am

The srs file made by rescene contains all the non mp3 data from the mp3. As in tags, I am assuming artwork if there is any. So rescene will remove all of that from your modified file then patch in the data from the original scene release that hasn't been modified. There are other possibilities beyond just fixing retagged scene releases. In the past I recreated WEB scene releases both by getting files from the same streaming services they use and also by obtaining lossless files to recreate some of these encodes by using the exact same settings in Lame. I also obtained flac scene releases and used them to recreate mp3 releases by the same group using the srr file. Decoding a flac file gives you the exact same wav file untouched (maybe minus some metadata) that you used to create the flac. Using the same wav with the same settings in Lame gives bit identical mp3 data every time. This also means that if you obtain the same pressing of a CD a scene group used and rip it with the exact same settings you will get the same wav they did and can recreate their release exactly without having their files :lol:

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:31 pm

Talim_ wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:54 am
This also means that if you obtain the same pressing of a CD a scene group used and rip it with the exact same settings you will get the same wav they did and can recreate their release exactly without having their files :lol:
ive heard of this before yea

but when you talk about FLAC & WAVs i take it you're talking about newer releases (mainly 2010 onward, yea you even mention WEB) since artwork in metadata started about when.. around 2007 or 2008 when digital started taking over?

but like if you'd wanna recreate some rare 1999 or 2000 BMI rls @ 160kbps i assume it wouldnt be as simple...