Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Enhance NFO/M3U/SFV section with MP3?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
GabryJ84
100 Posts
100 Posts
Italy

Enhance NFO/M3U/SFV section with MP3?

Post by GabryJ84 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Good evening,

this afternoon I had an idea that I thought to share here to see if it encounters the liking of other members and the administrator.

Many of us had/have some releases which aside from ancillary files is missing one or two files, or has the entire set of files but some of them have corrupt crc and can't be fixed with srrdb since the corruption occurred in the mp3 data section of the file and not in the id3v one.

The suggestion would be to modify the NFO/M3U/SFV (or to have a separate section) so that it is possible to ask for missing/corrupt files posed that what is going to be request is under 25% of the entire release (so, for example, 1 file in a 4 files release, 2 files in an 8 files release, 2-3 files in an album release etc...).

What do you think? Is it feasible or there are inconveniences which I didn't think of?

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Re: Enhance NFO/M3U/SFV section with MP3?

Post by xNxRxGx » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 pm

i like the idea so we could together make corrupt rlss complete and instead of upping 40mb we'd only up 15mb for example
but does it really matter tho, with DL speeds nowadays that size is insignificant..
you can always DL full rls from someone else if they have it and use it to fix your own and others can DL that full rls without waiting for you to up your fixed one :)

the only way i see this being very useful is for those of RAREST rlss that maybe each of us have only 30% completed or not even that,
each has just one different track from it and perhaps from 3 or 4 different ppl we could COMPLETE it