Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Draven
VIP
VIP

Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Post by Draven » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:54 pm

What are your reason(s) to request specific audio release(s) on Euphoric Vocals? You can have more than one, be as accurate as you can. Is it to complete a specific artist/label pack? Is it to complete a specific scene group collection? Is it to get some specific album you're in the mood to listen? Are you just hoarding the biggest scene collection of all time?

I'll start with mine. I subscribed to this board to replace/upgrade some of my old stuff with scene releases. Some are really hard to find and being able to share with other scene collectors and old-timer is a big advantage. In my view, for newer stuff, torrents can do a decent job but for older releases, forums like Euphoric Vocals are a must-have in your tools. Also, the feeling of being able to help others who share the same interests in music and the scene is wonderful.

That's it, your turn now. :)

Draven

aGGyunit
VIP
VIP
United States of America

Re: Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Post by aGGyunit » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:16 am

Could be many reasons:
- specific release from a certain artist
- cat# I'm missing in my collection
- FLAC version of an MP3 release
- something a friend is looking for
- a release I have wanted for ages

:)

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Re: Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Post by radiofan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm

So for me, it's simple. I have a huge interest in radio (primarily from 2000 onwards); whilst internet connections were harder to come by at that point, the only good quality rips that I've been able to find were released by the scene. Unfortunately the majority of the releases that I'm interested in are almost over 20 years old now (so presumably much harder to find) - but this forum has allowed me to obtain and listen to radio that I never thought I'd hear - and every release that I'm able to find helps me get closer to building the ultimate radio archive.

On a related note - I'm really thankful to every single member that's taken the time to fill one (or more) of my requests - I only have an interest in archiving radio, which means that I haven't been able to fill any other topics here... I hope nobody minds, but just know that this appears to be a great community that I'm really thankful to have around.

Whatever
New User
New User

Post by Whatever » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:34 am

radiofan wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm
So for me, it's simple. I have a huge interest in radio (primarily from 2000 onwards); whilst internet connections were harder to come by at that point, the only good quality rips that I've been able to find were released by the scene. Unfortunately the majority of the releases that I'm interested in are almost over 20 years old now (so presumably much harder to find) - but this forum has allowed me to obtain and listen to radio that I never thought I'd hear - and every release that I'm able to find helps me get closer to building the ultimate radio archive.

On a related note - I'm really thankful to every single member that's taken the time to fill one (or more) of my requests - I only have an interest in archiving radio, which means that I haven't been able to fill any other topics here... I hope nobody minds, but just know that this appears to be a great community that I'm really thankful to have around.
Wow! That sounds so familiar!Hmm let me think.............
Same spiel you posted in musicforum.club! Thats it! I just remembered!
And will you be leeching here like you did on the other forum too?

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by radiofan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi Whatever.

I openly admit that I just don't have the releases to fill requests; I'm only interested in a very small subset of MP3 releases (primarily from the mid 2000s) which, as you say, I guess does make me a leecher. I would say, though, that this isn't at all what I posted on the musicforum.club; I openly took the time to thank people for filling my requests (because it did and still does) mean a huge amount that somebody would take the time to fetch and upload a release for me. I also admit that I appear to have been banned from that same place.

The last set of requests that I posted here was over a month ago - which hasn't been filled. If people only fill requests made by people who can fill others, I have no issue with that whatsoever - mine can simply be ignored. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm grateful for any time that people spend filling my own - even though I have nothing to provide in return (except my thanks).

Lucastor
50 Posts
50 Posts
France

Post by Lucastor » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm

I've been hoarding italo/eurodance for over 20 years now, but purely has a hobby thing. However, this hole keeps getting deeper, and it's been very hard to find stuff around, as very few people care about that style of music and most have lost the files. Having no access to the "legit" scene it took me a while to find a decent place where to find rarities.

EuphoricVocals has been fantastic, I'm surprised to see how reactive people are for all of this obscure stuff. Obviously since i've built a decent archive, whenever I see someone looking for something I have, I share it immediately.

Declic93
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by Declic93 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:38 pm

for my part . reasons are like you say theres some hard to find scnenes releases of good albums unavailable everywhere . sometimes the quality too is better (vbr,etc..)

juist a lil problem with (sometimes) tracks scratching, or incomplete track, etc... but we can meet this problem in every mp3 place , to you to take the better way :)

i collect , scenes , og rip CD , digital mp3

Gradvill
VIP
VIP
Russia

Post by Gradvill » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:39 am

When I see messages, "I have nothing to help, I have no releases" - I feel bad! Do you think I have immediately what you ask for? No. I don’t have this. I spend my time especially for you and find what you need. I use different ways (http / ftp / soulseek / emuule / dc / torrent and other) to search, Google for help. Don't you dare say that you have nothing - you are just a lazy person and a leech. These need to be removed.

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by radiofan » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi Gradvill,

You make a good point (more than happy to move this discussion into a different topic to make this one easier to read). In several cases, I imagine the issue may be that people simply don't have the sources to obtain releases to fill open requests; without knowing where to look and if releases aren't on obvious places, I can see why this would cause an issue. You're absolutely right - in my case, I have plenty of cable/DAB/SAT releases - but so far, I haven't seen a single request here that I already have (or can find via the sources that I'm aware of). Maybe we should open a sources topic where people can offer recommendations, etc.?

Gradvill
VIP
VIP
Russia

Post by Gradvill » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:40 am

radiofan wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:19 pm
Hi Gradvill,

You make a good point (more than happy to move this discussion into a different topic to make this one easier to read). In several cases, I imagine the issue may be that people simply don't have the sources to obtain releases to fill open requests; without knowing where to look and if releases aren't on obvious places, I can see why this would cause an issue. You're absolutely right - in my case, I have plenty of cable/DAB/SAT releases - but so far, I haven't seen a single request here that I already have (or can find via the sources that I'm aware of). Maybe we should open a sources topic where people can offer recommendations, etc.?
It's a good idea to "open a sources topic".