Does anyone know how release metadata that gets posted to srrDB gets confirmed?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Does anyone know how release metadata that gets posted to srrDB gets confirmed?

Post by radiofan » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:13 am

Hi everyone.

So - I came across a release on srrDB recently that was posted in the last several months, but was listed as "unconfirmed". This got me thinking - does anybody know how a release gets confirmed as authentic before the warning about it being unconfirmed gets removed?

Thanks.

-diRt-
New User
New User
Hungary

Re: Does anyone know how release metadata that gets posted to srrDB gets confirmed?

Post by -diRt- » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:06 pm

radiofan wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:13 am
Hi everyone.

So - I came across a release on srrDB recently that was posted in the last several months, but was listed as "unconfirmed". This got me thinking - does anybody know how a release gets confirmed as authentic before the warning about it being unconfirmed gets removed?

Thanks.
There is a dedicated irc channel, if you ask them there they can confirm a release. It's not automatized there i think, so not quite sure how a certain release can be confirmed unless you point it out.

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Re: Does anyone know how release metadata that gets posted to srrDB gets confirmed?

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:28 pm

That can start a greater curiosity that may be wondered at: how does and who gets to decide if a release is confirmed? Is it a vote among those who have the files? A hierarchical voice? other checks and balances? Automatic system?
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__