Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Bad CrC...

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Re: Bad CrC...

Post by Talim_ » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 am

xNxRxGx wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:31 pm
but like if you'd wanna recreate some rare 1999 or 2000 BMI rls @ 160kbps i assume it wouldnt be as simple...
This is true because of the kind of software they used back then. Even now there are no rules for how CD rips should be done and groups aren't required to include log files showing the settings they used. This means you can't assume there were no artifacts or anything introduced into the rip and that it's exactly what was on the disc.

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:06 pm

Talim_ wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:35 am
I think it's important to clear things up. Rescene, using srr files, only changes the metadata of files. If the mp3 data has been modified in some way, as in corruption introduced, it will refuse your file. It only works if your file is identical to the original file used to create the srs.
and... provided the srs files were made off of the original mp3s therefore correct tags on the coded mp3.
Talim_ wrote:
If this is successful your release dir will be BIT IDENTICAL to the original dir used to create the srr file.

With all that said the data on srrdb is provided by users. Sometimes this data may be bad. I have found releases with fake sfv files and other crap. This is not a srrdb unique issue though. This applies to releases you can find and collect from any source. Raped sfvs make this harder to detect since anything past 2002 you will be very lucky to find an original looking sfv. For most of this stuff we are seeing that if everything looks correct it probably is.
Pretty much. I think people get confused as they loose the archive information perhaps. When releases are opened and the mp3s taken, shared on the older ftp html connections, each file is downloaded as one item at a time, and the recipient either packs them back up with there own settings or they infamously share the files on forms as renamed mp3 files and add there own website no one wants to visit - so for all those who value scene, those lamers can eat a d*** :lol:

There are alot of sfv's which you can sort of tell were original because they were tagged with the group along side the date etc. but most, and this is the vast majority we see now, they are recompiled sfv's from wherever or whoever.
Around about 2007 I think, scene started to do sfv info as scene wide standard with just the track info as 01... 02... 03... || making it harder to tell if it was attached from the original source or made later and therefore opening it up to non originals (meaning only the sfv might be unoriginal), but since many users check, the mp3s are validated enough times to provide the most accurate statement about its originality. SrrDB also keeps a good record in general so that from this time onwards, they can be spotted easy. Conflicts are included but for the most part, provided they are confirmed, the listed values are the most accurate that are available therefore the same mp3 contained.
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__

ElevationOP8
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by ElevationOP8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:31 pm

Talim_ wrote:
I also must say srrdb is an incredible resource for us collectors. More than using it to rescene files that have had their metadata modified I use it to patch in unraped sfvs from older releases, their collection of those is huge. Also when things like proof pics are missing from releases I find I can patch it in from there too. If you are paying attention it can be useful. If you are flying blind and not looking at what you're getting from there maybe you will make your collection slightly worse :lol:
Maybe srrDB can sponsor this site... or EV sponsor them? lol
✨casanai udama✨
__ 💃🐧👀🍺🥴😵👺🔞💩__