Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

What the best software for convert FLAC to MP3 (better quality)

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Talim_
VIP
VIP
Korea North

Re: What the best software for convert FLAC to MP3 (better quality)

Post by Talim_ » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:42 am

omarijamarija wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:44 am
I find it an immeasurable loss having to abandon Foobar after changing OS to Linux. I used to use it A LOT, not only a great player but also immersive library organizing tool with lots of useful plugins and scripting possibilities.
[External Link Removed for Guests]

It seems to have great ratings for wine, you could probably get it running with minimal effort.

omarijamarija
50 Posts
50 Posts
Czech Republic

Post by omarijamarija » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Talim_ wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:42 am
omarijamarija wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:44 am
I find it an immeasurable loss having to abandon Foobar after changing OS to Linux. I used to use it A LOT, not only a great player but also immersive library organizing tool with lots of useful plugins and scripting possibilities.

It seems to have great ratings for wine, you could probably get it running with minimal effort.
Last time I tried to do that I had huge issues with audio. Perhaps it got fixed over the time.

Gradvill
VIP
VIP
Russia

Post by Gradvill » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:49 am

dBpoweramp Music Converter

Audio conversion perfected, effortlessly convert to mp3, FLAC, Apple lossless and more. dBpoweramp Music Converter™ has become the standard tool for audio conversions, over 40 million users worldwide trust their converting to dBpoweramp:

Declic93
100 Posts
100 Posts
France

Post by Declic93 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:14 pm

@rafajuv , i use since many yeras the free & easy to use "apowersoft" , the best converter site ! u must try it !

go to "products & solutions" and choose the option needed

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:22 am

I've been using Easy CD-DA Extractor for many years and I think I can recommend it.
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

Jota.Ce
30 Posts
30 Posts
Spain

Post by Jota.Ce » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:20 am

rafajuv wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 am
thanks by your answer :)
the last version of lame i think is 3.100. its the best version? or not have diference than others like 3.99 or 3.98?

thanks
Latest version in official site is 3.100:

But i use this web to get Windows builds, and there is a 3.100.1 build:

Regarding Joint Stereo, some years ago i used lame -b192 -q1 -ms --lowpass 19.5 command line switches to get 192Kbps encodings, forcing 2 channel encoding, as i read 15-20 years ago that Joint Stereo could add artifacts to the final result. That could make sense, as you are switching to Mono and Stereo several times per second.

However, LAME is JS-safe since many many years ago. That statement could make sense for lower bitrate encodings, for lower quality encoders, for low quality players, for slow computers, for low-end sound cards,... In real world conditions (higher bitrates, modern hardware,... and using LAME), Joint Stereo is safe, and most of LAME presets use JS. In fact JS saves space in lower quality frames to spend it on high quality frames.

I currently use only lame --preset insane command line. If the source is a FLAC, then i use flac -d to decompress it to WAV before using LAME. I have managed to build a BAT that does all and deletes the WAV, and modified the registry to get a context shell menu option in FLAC files. I mean...
- I use presets (insane for 320, extreme for highest quality VBR)
- I don't use external programs: only the official FLAC encoder/decoder and the official LAME encoder. Warning: Programs that rely on lame_enc.dll can't use the real power of LAME, as the DLL is/was limited to a bunch of encoding options (maybe it supports all presets, but lack of qval settings, and use default lowpass fiters). If you use an external program, it's better if it tries to load the EXE.