Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Old music scene forums

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Old music scene forums

Post by Hunter » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:40 am

Just out of curiosity... Is there someone from the old XTC forum here? Until now, I think it was the best music scene forum I've ever been to, with the strongest team of active collectors. Many series and labels were then completed and many collector's initiatives were finalized.

I also have a fondness for Scene-Database, if anyone still remembers them... After he left, we moved on XTC. But this forum was also closed shortly after the 10th birthday in 2016. Since then, in my opinion there has never been a place like this anywhere. Therefore, some people hid for security reasons, some moved to private hubs, but everything fell apart a little.

Currently I'm not active on dc anymore, but as far as I know there are still a few people left, like tbeer. I saw some guys on xprm once, but lately, it seems to me that they left a little from scene there and some people have limited their activity. There are also a crew from BMP, but otherwise I don't know what's going on with the rest of the team.

I saw Jaspar here that I remember from those days, but apart from that I don't think I know any other nick here. That's why I'm curious if someone maybe has changed it since then and knows perfectly well what I'm talking about? It would be nice to see you again years later :)

Or maybe someone has any other memories from an old music scene forums? Maybe there were also some other interesting places that I don't know about until now? I think it's an interesting topic to reminiscences good old days ;)
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

mavkeez
VIP
VIP
Netherlands

Re: Old music scene forums

Post by mavkeez » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:55 am

On x-t-c my nick was accelerator010, and was moderator of the hardstyle label category.
Men.. time flies..

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:11 am

mavkeez wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:55 am
Men.. time flies..
Yeah mate, and another birthday is passing... It's really nice to see you guys still active and enjoying it :)
mavkeez wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:55 am
On x-t-c my nick was accelerator010, and was moderator of the hardstyle label category.
What do you think, it will still be possible to create such place as X-T-C used to be? Secured, where we could write more, but active, with users with different sources and still having fun doing this? If that ever happened, it would be the best place for sure...

Jaspar
100 Posts
100 Posts
Great Britain

Post by Jaspar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:39 am

Hunter wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:40 am
Just out of curiosity... Is there someone from the old XTC forum here? Until now, I think it was the best music scene forum I've ever been to, with the strongest team of active collectors. Many series and labels were then completed and many collector's initiatives were finalized.

I also have a fondness for Scene-Database, if anyone still remembers them... After he left, we moved on XTC. But this forum was also closed shortly after the 10th birthday in 2016. Since then, in my opinion there has never been a place like this anywhere. Therefore, some people hid for security reasons, some moved to private hubs, but everything fell apart a little.

Currently I'm not active on dc anymore, but as far as I know there are still a few people left, like tbeer. I saw some guys on xprm once, but lately, it seems to me that they left a little from scene there and some people have limited their activity. There are also a crew from BMP, but otherwise I don't know what's going on with the rest of the team.

I saw Jaspar here that I remember from those days, but apart from that I don't think I know any other nick here. That's why I'm curious if someone maybe has changed it since then and knows perfectly well what I'm talking about? It would be nice to see you again years later :)

Or maybe someone has any other memories from an old music scene forums? Maybe there were also some other interesting places that I don't know about until now? I think it's an interesting topic to reminiscences good old days ;)
years ago i was active in a lot of things, i was part of a music video release group, happy days, i really enjoyed that, i had a lot of personal problems starting that lasted some years so i decided to quietly leave , SE ?

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:56 pm

my nick was pretty much the same (sans x) everywhere since i joined first forum back in 2004 lol..

yea too bad xtc never came back... and i was pretty frequent on dc 2005-2010 or so, and soulseek after that, but havent used either in a long time

scenedb... damn forgot about it :( nice to see screenshots on wayback machine, brings back memories for sure
i was a supermod there, no wait i think i was even an admin for a while :lol:
we evolved from the old Groundzero, most of the same crew maintained SdB
but all this stopped once Joey aka HS2005 stopped tending to it, his life priorities changed, but yea he was the main guy for many of these forums... good times indeed...
cant believe it was a decade ago already :?

i had some of xtc and sdb guys on skype until most people stopped using it (when other social networks started taking over and forums started declining)

i knew i recognized your dog avatar from somewhere Hunter :) Heaven Area was my domain ;) that tagline was mine 8-)
[External Link Removed for Guests]

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:18 pm

xNxRxGx wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:56 pm
my nick was pretty much the same (sans x) everywhere since i joined first forum back in 2004 lol..
No shit... Seeing you here for the very first moment I even thought it might be you, but I thought it impossible, cause I was sure you had been offline for a long time... What a surprise! :)
xNxRxGx wrote:
yea too bad xtc never came back... and i was pretty frequent on dc 2005-2010 or so, and soulseek after that, but havent used either in a long time
I still have slsk, but mainly cause I have contact with a few buddies there ;)
xNxRxGx wrote:
scenedb... damn forgot about it :( nice to see screenshots on wayback machine, brings back memories for sure
but all this stopped once Joey aka HS2005 stopped tending to it, his life priorities changed, but yea he was the main guy for many of these forums... good times indeed...
Ahhh this Wayback Machine and especially the visitor field brings back tons of memories! Lots of good people were there throughout all these years... It's a pity that both forums closed for similar reasons and we couldn't help it.
xNxRxGx wrote:
i knew i recognized your dog avatar from somewhere Hunter :) Heaven Area was my domain ;) that tagline was mine 8-)
Haha yeah, my dog, who has been with me for over 10 years :D It's really amazing seeing you again after years of being still active :)

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Sun May 01, 2022 9:19 pm

Hunter wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:18 pm
xNxRxGx wrote:
No shit... Seeing you here for the very first moment I even thought it might be you, but I thought it impossible, cause I was sure you had been offline for a long time... What a surprise! :)
xNxRxGx wrote:
I still have slsk, but mainly cause I have contact with a few buddies there ;)
xNxRxGx wrote:
Ahhh this Wayback Machine and especially the visitor field brings back tons of memories! Lots of good people were there throughout all these years... It's a pity that both forums closed for similar reasons and we couldn't help it.
xNxRxGx wrote:
Haha yeah, my dog, who has been with me for over 10 years :D It's really amazing seeing you again after years of being still active :)

yea after xtc went under i was kinda offline for a while... priorities shifted and whatnot
got back in the "game" like a year or two ago when i joined xprm and then couple months later here

and couldn't have said it better myself about the "visitors field" hehe... i was just surprised i didnt pop up in those screenshots more often :lol:
i guess i was gradually just less and less active in the 10s altogether :)
good OL' times... can't believe that lets say "Kai Tracid - Trance & Acid" is already 20y old :shock: or "Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep" 15y :o orrrrrrrrr "RMB - Spring" over 25 :!:

after WEB took over and handsup & trance got too tech/electro-ish, but mainly just slower and softer, i lost interest in new releases for a while coz they kept disappointing me lol
well i still dont listen to new dance/handsup or trance or anything else anyway...

the only contemporary stuff i listen to on a regular basis now is Hardstyle :P its still always bangin so it never let me down yet in general

and yea its always cool to see someone from the past

mavkeez
VIP
VIP
Netherlands

Post by mavkeez » Tue May 03, 2022 6:20 pm

What do you think, it will still be possible to create such place as X-T-C used to be? Secured, where we could write more, but active, with users with different sources and still having fun doing this? If that ever happened, it would be the best place for sure...
I think it's possible, but I lost my interest more than 10 years ago to stay active on the x-t-c board. Causing by lifechanging things. Now I have more time I found xprm and EV by accident. But those are nice boards to fill up my music archive by scene releases, and that is what I like about it.

sandu10
500 Posts
500 Posts
Romania

Post by sandu10 » Wed May 04, 2022 6:05 pm

What is EV? :)

T87.Rave
VIP
VIP

Post by T87.Rave » Wed May 04, 2022 6:20 pm