Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Music Scene Groups Classification

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Re: Music Scene Groups Classification

Post by Hunter » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:00 pm

GabryJ84 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:21 pm
@Hunter:

In the days of direct-to-web releases (no cd, only digital store), I am seeing some strange releasing groups behaviour: only extended gets released, or there are two different releases for radio edit and extended version (and maybe some other versions not included).
Is this "legal" for scene rules? Shouldn't be released the entire single, and not a single release for a single track?
Of course, in my opinion it should, but it's more the fault of the labels themselves than the scene. The scene releases as it comes out, if you look at links in nfo, you'll see that a lot of these singles, e.g. Radio Edits, have sources on Tidal, Deezer, Qoboz, etc. And unfortunately most often just such single things go there. However, looking at the latest scene rules:

"3.9. Releases from source -WEB- need an additional -SINGLE- tag (after title) if they have only one track.
Exception: Single-file WEB releases that contain more than one tracks or parts, or are longer than 25 minutes do not require the -SINGLE- tag."

And there's nothing else in the rules about it, so I'm afraid we'll be doomed with even more such releases in the coming years.
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

GabryJ84
100 Posts
100 Posts
Italy

Post by GabryJ84 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Hunter wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:00 pm
And there's nothing else in the rules about it, so I'm afraid we'll be doomed with even more such releases in the coming years.
Which is hideous, since having decently ordered scene releases is the reason I am collecting them. I have many physical cds and orders placed on amazon/itunes, but I always prefere the scene tracks as they are sorted, have all the same naming scheme and are self containing, at least if we look at the "single" or "album" stage.
Having multiple tracks with 2-3-4 different releases quadrupling the number of folders and making an artist's discography an andless sequence of folders with same name is disorienting and both difficult to manage. Hope time will fix this.

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:01 am

GabryJ84 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 pm
Which is hideous, since having decently ordered scene releases is the reason I am collecting them. I have many physical cds and orders placed on amazon/itunes, but I always prefere the scene tracks as they are sorted, have all the same naming scheme and are self containing, at least if we look at the "single" or "album" stage.
Having multiple tracks with 2-3-4 different releases quadrupling the number of folders and making an artist's discography an andless sequence of folders with same name is disorienting and both difficult to manage. Hope time will fix this.
What else can I add... I don't like it either, luckily I hardly listen to new club music anymore, I prefer to focus on older things. But I've always said that collecting scene rels is a bit like for example collecting stamps, it's never too easy ;)
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

xNxRxGx
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by xNxRxGx » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Hunter wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:01 am
GabryJ84 wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 pm
What else can I add... I don't like it either, luckily I hardly listen to new club music anymore, I prefer to focus on older things. But I've always said that collecting scene rels is a bit like for example collecting stamps, it's never too easy ;)
WEB just ruined our game lol

back in 2006 when it started getting popular i boycotted it for couple reasons
if i can get a pre2010 CD or vinyl rip of it, i'll always prefer that over (better quality) WEB/DD @ 320kbps
i still have barely any WEB/DD releases in my collection but thats also because i focus on (late) 90s up to 2010 or so, when there were still some vinyls&CDs being released

once i start collecting post2010 stuff as well i know i wont be able to avoid it anymore
if i ever get to it lol...looking at my "to get" list of (mostly) 1990-2004 there is still sooooooo many missing :lol: