Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Draven
VIP
VIP

Re: Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Post by Draven » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:39 pm

Indeed, forum like Euphoric Vocals tends to attract leechers. That's unfortunate but that's just a sad reality. But, there's a distinction to be made between pure leechers and involuntary leechers. Some members have a lot more ressources than others. If I have learned anything in life, it is the fact that what may seem simple to me may not necessarily be so for someone else. Finding reliable and trustworthy download sources is not necessarily an easy task. And sometimes, you have to pay (good quality indexer, file hosting service, premium link generator ...), which is not within everyone's reach. It may sound strange, but file sharing is an expertise that needs to be developed. And sometimes it's not what you know but WHO you know. And for this aspect, only time can succeed in creating a network of contacts and reliable sources. That's why I find it rather difficult to distinguish between someone who just needs help or a real leecher.

For my part, for sure I am more inclined to help someone who will try to help me in return, and I believe that is human nature. But on the other hand, the simple satisfaction of being able to help someone who might not have the knowledge or resources that I have is also very rewarding. Maybe I am a little naive, but I hope that the one I am helping will in turn do it for another person. I try to see myself as the link in a chain of people who pay it forward ...

Just my 2 cents.

radiofan
500 Posts
500 Posts

Re: Out of curiosity, why do you request specific release(s) on Euphoric Vocals?

Post by radiofan » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:56 pm

A lovely post which completely covers all aspects. Several things that I'd add:

1. These days, music is much more readily available than it was years ago; what I see a lot on this forum is members requesting releases from either years ago (which either can't be purchased/streamed now), FLAC releases (which again may not be available to download/stream online) releases containing promo edits or non-album releases that weren't ever released outside of the Scene

2. In terms of simply asking for releases and giving nothing back - it may be worth taking into account that these filled requests may also be posted outside of this forum when obtained, or shared offline (via removable media or personal servers). Additionally, you may see a case where three/four/five people were looking for the exact same release themselves, so filling a single request also assists others - without the uploader realising

3. Finally - as pointed out previously, knowing about sources is also an issue; hopefully the dedicated topic that I've created for this will assist potential uploaders too

Thanks.