Board: Open.
BAN: Max 5 Scene Requests per time per 24 HOURS! | Mark your topics [FiLLED] after | No Non-Scene Audio Requests
Harassment of any kind not tolerated on the forum. Instant ban.

[ID] Redmoon/Nitrous Oxide ID from 2007

Track ID's, abuse, or anything else on your minds :)
Jota.Ce
30 Posts
30 Posts
Spain

[ID] Redmoon/Nitrous Oxide ID from 2007

Post by Jota.Ce » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:50 am

I'm searching this track since many years ago... And as i left daily reviewing since 2010, i don't really know if it was released some years after 2007, maybe under another alias.

Redmoon - ID (Nitrous Oxide - Live @ Polonia In The Mix 003 29 - May - 2007)

Also, i don't know if Redmoon - Cumulus had a proper release, as it was only released in the Sensation White Polska 2006 Promo CDS. I know it has been released a Vocal version in 2020, which vocals don't honour this great track, but... Instrumental "Cumulus" has been released under another alias/title? Cumlus even had a rework, which i only have a cut from a set.

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Re: [ID] Redmoon/Nitrous Oxide ID from 2007

Post by Hunter » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 am

When it comes to Polish club music, especially until 2010, you've come to the right place cause that's what I focus on in my collection ;)

Unfortunately, when it comes to this ID, I can't help immediately, but I've a feeling that I know this track. However, I've no memory for the titles, and I won't remember it right away. But my friend has known N2O for many years (already since he was DJ Speed) and at the earliest opportunity I'll ask him about this track, maybe he will remember better what it's called.

However, when it comes to "Cumulus", this track was released on several rels. As for singles (Original Mix and Radio Edit):

Nitrous_Oxide_presents_Redmoon_-_Cumulus_(Official_Sensation_White_Anthem_Poland)-CDR-2006-TrvN (nonscene in HQ)
VA_-_Sensation_White_Polska_2006-Promo_CDS-2006-TDMLiVE

And on compilations (only Original MIx):

VA_Boldy_Club_Traxx_Vol_2-MAG-2007-TACO
VA-Boldy_Club_Traxx_Vol.2-MAG-2007-B2R
VA-Boldy_Club_Traxx_Vol._2-PROPER-MAG-2007-OBC
VA_-_Trancemaster_5005-3CD-2007-KTMP3

+ VA_-_Trance_Nation_Hits_2007-3CD-Limited_Edition-2006-MDSS (nonscene with Radio Edit only)
:arrow: HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED ANYTHING? PRESS THANKS :!:

Jota.Ce
30 Posts
30 Posts
Spain

Post by Jota.Ce » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:36 am

Thanks for your kindness!

I wanted to post the tracklist that the people of AH.fm forum published while the set was beeing streamed, if it can help to contextualize the ID:

Nitrous Oxide - Live @ Polonia In The Mix (Afterhours.FM) 29-05-2007
1. Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Saved Again (3rd Moon remix)
2. Redmoon - ID
3. Deems - Tears of Hope (Aly & Fila Remix 2007 Rework)
4. Tenthu vs Tetrazone - Collapse (Original Mix)
5. Sequentia vs. Amphiby - Kaleidoscope (Original Mix)
6. Digital Nature and Manuel Le Saux - Overwings (Original Mix)
7. 3rd Moon - 414
8. Steve Birch feat U4ic djs - Full Throttle (Digital Nature Remix)
9. Dan Stone - Spinal Chord (Nitrous Oxide Remix)
10. Nitrous Oxide - Amnesia
Hunter wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 am
However, when it comes to "Cumulus", this track was released on several rels. As for singles (Original Mix and Radio Edit):

Nitrous_Oxide_presents_Redmoon_-_Cumulus_(Official_Sensation_White_Anthem_Poland)-CDR-2006-TrvN (nonscene in HQ)
VA_-_Sensation_White_Polska_2006-Promo_CDS-2006-TDMLiVE
I have the intuition both of those releases are the same (some groups made really weird things). And some Promo CD-R have lower quality, as they're intended to be aired/played/spun, but not copied, so there's no reason to left it at highest quality. It's only my personal guess, though.

What i tried to mean is that there's not an official release. Not a VA rls, not a promo,... i wanted to mean an official vinyl/CDM with Original and some remixes. I'd wish a release with the Rework version.

I'll check some 320Kbps rips to see if they have better quality than the TDMLiVE rip, which is clearly lower than the 2020 vocal version (which is a Web Release).

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 am

Jota.Ce wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:36 am
I have the intuition both of those releases are the same (some groups made really weird things). And some Promo CD-R have lower quality, as they're intended to be aired/played/spun, but not copied, so there's no reason to left it at highest quality. It's only my personal guess, though.

What i tried to mean is that there's not an official release. Not a VA rls, not a promo,... i wanted to mean an official vinyl/CDM with Original and some remixes. I'd wish a release with the Rework version.

I'll check some 320Kbps rips to see if they have better quality than the TDMLiVE rip, which is clearly lower than the 2020 vocal version (which is a Web Release).
Unfortunately, you're not right. This VA from TDMLiVE is official scene rls. You write about Vinyl / CDM with OM and RMXs, but something like that was never released, cause this track was anthem of the biggest Polish club music festival - Sunrise in 2006. In addition, there were never any official remixes of this track for the same reason. That's why it was released on Split CDS together with the second anthem (F.L.A.M.E. feat. Olga - Sensation) as a festival promotional CD and was ripped by TDMLiVE ([External Link Removed for Guests]).

However, when it comes to this TrvN rls, it's exactly from this buddy who has known N2O for so many years. This is, of course, nonscene, but the quality of the rip is much better even than the WEB-bought ones - over 21 kHz spectrum (where in 320kbps WEB tracks is cut on 20kHz).

test2137
100 Posts
100 Posts
Poland

Post by test2137 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am

I don't know if it will be helpful at all, but I've got Boldy Club Traxx Vol. 2 on hand, that's how spectrum of Cumulus from my copy looks like (ripped to flac with EAC secure mode)

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:58 pm

test2137 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am
I don't know if it will be helpful at all, but I've got Boldy Club Traxx Vol. 2 on hand, that's how spectrum of Cumulus from my copy looks like (ripped to flac with EAC secure mode)
Interestingly, this flac isn't in better quality than my mp3 ;)

[External Link Removed for Guests]

Jota.Ce
30 Posts
30 Posts
Spain

Post by Jota.Ce » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:28 am

Hunter wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 am
Jota.Ce wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:36 am

Unfortunately, you're not right. This VA from TDMLiVE is official scene rls. You write about Vinyl / CDM with OM and RMXs, but something like that was never released, cause this track was anthem of the biggest Polish club music festival - Sunrise in 2006. In addition, there were never any official remixes of this track for the same reason. That's why it was released on Split CDS together with the second anthem (F.L.A.M.E. feat. Olga - Sensation) as a festival promotional CD and was ripped by TDMLiVE ([External Link Removed for Guests]).

However, when it comes to this TrvN rls, it's exactly from this buddy who has known N2O for so many years. This is, of course, nonscene, but the quality of the rip is much better even than the WEB-bought ones - over 21 kHz spectrum (where in 320kbps WEB tracks is cut on 20kHz).
Sorry if i re-answer. Maybe i shouldn't use the word "official", but proper release/individual release/discographic release.

The TDMLive rip is from an official disc for sure, but it's a promo, not a proper "retail" (i don't know how to tell) release, maybe recorded on CD-R, maybe from a mp3 file sent by NO2, or Anjuna,... But i really noted that this rip sound worse than the modern vocal version in its instrumental zones. I tend to set the culpability on the mp3->CD-R process.

Talking about Spek... TDMLive rip peaks at 18.5 kHz, but it might be caused by some VBR switch as -preset standard, which was used extensively through the scene. And technically talking, that should not be a problem. Absolute Threshold of Hearing (ATH) for humans is located around 20 kHz, but frecuencies above 16 kHz are really hard to sense in pure silence, and they are so soft that you couldn't hear them while other frecuencies are vibrating, and sounding loud. I used Spek, but frecuency cutoff is not a definitive criterion for me. TDMLive rip sound worse for me, but i'm comparing it with a modern mastering/rip/encoding/MP3-320. I'll post if some rip really touches me.

Finally, i think there are some "xxx festival anthem" released on proper/individual/retail vinyls/CDMs, but again, i might be wrong. And this is not a relevant fact. The only relevant fact is that NO2 could have released an Instrumental version in his "A world without us", and this conversation would never be needed at all xD

PS: I hope you have DL/heard the Rework, it's also a nice emotional uplifting track. EnigmaTC made a set rip, the file whose name ends on "-enTC".
PS2: I'll try to contact you on a saner (daylight) time through SLSK to taste TrvN rip :lol: I hope it's not much abuse, you are always helping, and i'm always asking (sorry gain).

Kind regards for all!

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:23 am

Jota.Ce wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:28 am
Sorry if i re-answer. Maybe i shouldn't use the word "official", but proper release/individual release/discographic release.

The TDMLive rip is from an official disc for sure, but it's a promo, not a proper "retail" (i don't know how to tell) release, maybe recorded on CD-R, maybe from a mp3 file sent by NO2, or Anjuna,... But i really noted that this rip sound worse than the modern vocal version in its instrumental zones. I tend to set the culpability on the mp3->CD-R process.
You're stubborn, but I repeat - you're really wrong. In the case of Cumulus, there was no Retail rls, no CDM, etc. THIS IS THE ONLY AND OFFICIAL RLS OF THIS SINGLE. Believe me, I know the realities of those times in Poland very well and I remember well release of this track. You can accept it or not, you may also have reservations about the sound quality of this rip, but that's just the way it is.
Jota.Ce wrote:
PS2: I'll try to contact you on a saner (daylight) time through SLSK to taste TrvN rip :lol: I hope it's not much abuse, you are always helping, and i'm always asking (sorry gain).
Sure, come over. But preferably in the evening and even at night.

Jota.Ce
30 Posts
30 Posts
Spain

Post by Jota.Ce » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 am

Hunter wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:23 am
Jota.Ce wrote:

You're stubborn, but I repeat - you're really wrong. In the case of Cumulus, there was no Retail rls, no CDM, etc. THIS IS THE ONLY AND OFFICIAL RLS OF THIS SINGLE. Believe me, I know the realities of those times in Poland very well and I remember well release of this track. You can accept it or not, you may also have reservations about the sound quality of this rip, but that's just the way it is.
I didn't really wanted to focus the topic on that thing.

I don't want to look so fixed-mind, and of course i can put my observations aside, as the main thing about Cumulus was only asking if there's another source for this magnificient track and its unreleased rework.

Also, if there's a little chance to resolve this ID, it would be great :)

Have a nice night/day!

Hunter
VIP
VIP
Poland

Post by Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:05 am

I actually forgot to reply to you on this topic, sorry...

I talked about this track some time ago with my friend who has known N2O for years and asked him about this track, but unfortunately he didn't remember it himself :lol:

He was supposed to check his old unreleased tracks, but so far we haven't received an answer on this matter... So, since the creator himself doesn't remember what it was, unfortunately, this track will probably remain as an ID forever :P